Bored much? Partake in this behavioral experiment.
Most of us care very much what people think about us. It’s time to let loose, and stop worrying about other’s opinions. Try these ideas on for size:
- Ask for discount (I for one struggle with this one).
- Make conversation with someone in an elevator.
- Dance in public as though there is music.
- Ask someone for directions to the place where you are.
- Pretend to recognize someone you don’t know.
- Sing in public.
- Pay entirely with pennies.
- Go up to a random person and say “How are you doing?”
- Ask for directions and then go the opposite way.
- Sit and read a magazine upside down.
- Try to sell your stuff to telemarketers when they call you.
- Go to a restaurant on your birthday and have them sing to you. (Did this, was actually fun, took me back to my childhood).
- Make sound effects for everyday actions.
- Look up in a full elevator and say “beam me up Scotty”. (I did this once… the people were more panicked than amused, they couldn’t get away from me fast enough).
What would you add to the list?